Covid 19 Safety Protocols
Infection control has always been a top priority for Village Dental Group and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
As we reopen our practice, we want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow to help keep patients and staff safe.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- Temperature check will be taken at the arrival of your appointment.
- No one will be allowed to enter without a face mask, which they will wear until seated in the treatment room.
- Please discard your gloves, if you are wearing them, prior to entering the waiting room.
- You may see that our waiting rooms will be sanitized during the day. We will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area as well as no extra companions at any one time.
- We have medical grade air purifiers in all the treatment rooms and the waiting room.
- Providers will now wear N95 masks, with face shields. Gowns and gloves as usual.
- Clerical staff will wear Level 3 masks, with face shields and gowns.
- Treatment rooms will be sanitized between patients and all disposables discarded. Instruments will be cleaned and sterilized.
If you have any questions about our policies, please call us at (973) 761-4800.
Dr. L. Dawn Christian
Village Dental Group